Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Last Shall be First


When I came to France, I discovered that part of my ministry was to learn how to play soccer (known as "football" here). This is a bigger effort than you may imagine, considering that I play with as much grace as a pregnant hippo.

So anyways, our church has a little team and we play against other churches... and our team has lost every game it has played since its creation. Our first match of the season, we lost 1-11, and we were playing as hard as we could. There's about as much chance of us winning a game as there is of it snowing in Marseilles.

We had a lot of snow today.

And our team won its first match ever 3 to 1 last night! I even got to play. It was great fun to see the curse finally come to an end!

But it was cold out there!

No comments: