Thursday, November 8, 2007

The CEMist Classroom

I'm going to do a short series of articles on the places in which I spend a lot of time, so you'll be able to recognise things when you come and visit me!

Mondays through Fridays, Raphaël and I spend most of our mornings in the CEMist classroom. It's a nice little classroom, with a small library with several interesting books I plan on reading soon. We even have heaters! We're thankful for this, because the first year of CEM, they had NO heaters. And even down here, I'm told it can get cold enough to kill electronic equippement (macs go to heaven, PCs reincarnate as those annoying stuffed animals that talk when you squeeze them).

Thankfully, it hasn't gotten that cold yet. Though that doesn't stop the prople here from turning the heaters on full blast. Old habits die hard, I guess.

3 comments:

Mayor of Blakersfield said...

Well thats news to me. I thought it was the PCs that were saved and go to Heaven.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Justin!

My name is Gabriella; I will be coming as an intern to work with CEM this summer. I found your blog via google.com. It's very nice! Your English is nice, too. Your photos look very fun and I think you all must laugh A LOT. :) When does a "CEM year" start and when does it end? Are there still three students in your class or did more come eventually? How's the jousting helmet working out?
Have a great week!

(I have to sign anonymous because I don't have any of the other stuff, yet.)

Anonymous said...

I just learned about CEM a few minutes ago, someone called to asked me a contact number of one of the christian christian church here.We talked & she said she was a cemist.
I google cemist & their I found you blog.
I read your blog a little, just want to ask if are you trained to become a Christian missionary?
what do you do after the training?
Do you go somewhere else to preach /tell the Gospel of Salvation?
I'm working on a Missions
organization & I'm interested about CEM .
you can email me @ gregarious_22@yahoo.com.ph