Thursday, July 31, 2008

Philippians 4.13

My last act as a CEMist this year was spending two weks as a counselor at the Colonie Harmonie Bible camp, where I had a room of six boys, ages 10 to 11. We had a great time together. Another fun thing was that my whole family was part of the camp staff this year. Jordan and Kathleen were counselors for the 7-12 year-olds with me, Dad a counselor for the teenagers and mom bravely worked as head cook for two weeks, feeding 170 people every day.

The theme of this year's camp was Philippians 4.13: "I can do everything through him who gives me strength", which really encouraged me during my time at camp.

Now camp and CEM are over. I'm leaving Europe in four days to go study at Harding University. I don't know what is in store for me. But I do know that God will be there to strengthen me and see me through.

No comments: