Friday, December 7, 2007

Booby Trapped Garage

Tomorrow evening, the church is hosting its annual Christmas program. Our choirs will sing a few praise and Christmas songs, then the children and teenagers from the church and neighborhood will present a musical about the Nativity.

People from this area of France are known for their tendency to exaggerate. They exaggerate so much that they supposedly claim Jesus was born in southern France, not Judea. So there is a traditional Christmas story here about how Jesus was born in Bethlehem, France (no one knows where it is anymore, but it is known that you have to go through Marseilles to get there). Throughout the musical, two angels argure about where the Nativity is taking place. It's fun!
We will perform again in another neighborhood next week. I was there putting invitations in mailboxes, when I notices a strange sign on one house. Now, I'm used to "I have dogs who will kill you" signs and stuff like that. But this one said, I am not making this up, "booby trapped garage".

My question: How would you go about booby trapping a garage?

No comments: